Candle Care

We want you to get the most enjoyable experience possible from your Live Good Goodies, so let’s go over how to care for your candles.


Trim Your Wick:

Always trim your wick to ¼ inch before lighting your candle. This will help ensure your candle won’t burn too quickly, and helps avoid a large flame/unnecessary soot.


Allow Full Melt Pool:

To ensure your candle burns evenly through its life and to prevent tunneling, allow your candle to reach a full melt pool (wax melted the entire diameter of the jar and ½ inch in depth) before extinguishing. This should take about 4-5 hours.


Discontinue Burning:

Stop burning your candle when the wax height has reached ½ inch. Burning any lower than this can create a fire hazard.


Don’t Over Burn:

Never burn your candle for longer than 4 hours at a time. This could cause your wick to lean, curl, and mushroom; which can cause the candle and glass jar to get too hot creating a fire hazard.


Don’t Touch:

Do not touch or relocate your candle jar when lit. Glass can get very hot.


Keep An Eye Out:

Never leave your candle unattended. Keep out of reach of children and animals. Only burn on heat resistant surfaces. Keep away from drafts, and flammable objects.


Watch Your Wick:

Stop burning candle if wick becomes unsecure or off centered. This could cause the candle jar to overheat, crack, or shatter; creating a fire hazard.